AARP Car Insurance Review
AARP Car Insurance is a nonprofit organization that helps individuals over the age of 50 have control, choice, and independence in different aspects of their life. Our AARP car insurance review finds that, along with car insurance, AARP offers other insurance plans, including home, health, life, long-term care, and more. Scroll down to learn more and compare rates for free.
Compare Car Insurance Companies
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right car insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our car insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different car insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- AARP has been around since 1958 and has offices in every state as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C
- Along with car insurance, the other insurance plans offered through AARP include home, health, life, long-term care, property, and casualty
- AARP’s website contains information, tips, and articles for different categories such as relationships, society & politics, personal growth, work & retirement, travel, food, home & garden, games, entertainment, technology, money, and health
This AARP Car Insurance Review will discuss AARP, which is a nonprofit organization that helps individuals over the age of 50 have control, choice, and independence in different aspects of their life.
The company has been around since 1958 and has offices in every state as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C.
Other benefits through AARP include financial services, travel benefits, health products, discounts at certain retailers, events & programs, volunteering opportunities, and more.
The website also contains information, tips, and articles for different categories such as relationships, society & politics, personal growth, work & retirement, travel, food, home & garden, games, entertainment, technology, money, and health.
Because AARP is a nonprofit organization, it depends on donations to continue their programs. The website contains a section where you can donate online.
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How Can You Get The Best Rates on Insurance Products with AARP?
If you would like to look for car insurance rates right now, you can fill in your zip code in the spot below and you will be able to compare car insurance for multiple companies.
The evaluation methods AARP uses are similar to those used by other auto insurers. If you want the lowest rates, AARP looks for:
- Clean Driving Record: Is your driving record free of tickets, accidents, etc.? If you have accident forgiveness with another insurer, keep in mind that doesn’t transfer between companies or auto insurance policies. The fewer instances you have on your record, the better your rates could be.
- Good Credit: Many companies look at credit history as an indicator of personal responsibility. They assume that if you’re responsible with your finances, you’ll be more responsible with your driving.
- Collision Deductible: Many people default to a $500 deductible for collision coverage and comprehensive insurance. This is a reasonable amount for many drivers. It’s not locked in, though. One of the easiest ways to reduce your auto insurance premium is by increasing your deductibles.
- Look into Defensive Driving: Many vendors now offer defensive driving and other courses to help you be a safer driver. Insurance companies may give you discounts, and you’ll avoid unnecessary accidents.
- Bundle and Save: If you’re considering switching your auto insurance, get a quote for homeowners insurance or renters insurance too. By getting more than one insurance policy from AARP, you can save on the insurance rate for all policies you sign up for. A homeowners discount and lower auto policy rate are just the start.
- Highlight Safety Features: You can be a defensive driver and be safer. One of the easiest ways to get auto insurance discounts is by buying a car with certain safety features.
Is AARP The Right Auto Insurance Coverage for You?
With many policy features that make sense for senior drivers, AARP offers a unique product for drivers over 50. AARP provides a package of products meant for this limited group. The auto insurance program is just a small part of the bigger picture according to customer reviews. If you’re considering a switch to a new auto insurer, enter your zip code and get auto quotes today to compare and save.