FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (888) 442-5196
UPDATED: Feb 20, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Each year thousands of Americans choose Acura sedans, coupes, and SUVs to take them to work, drive their families around town, and keep them comfortable and safe throughout long road trips.
The popularity of the Acura brand has caused many insurers to rethink the cost of Acura car insurance.
Ready to find affordable car insurance quotes? Enter your zip code above and start comparing quotes for FREE!
Popularity of Acura
For over 25 years, the Acura brand has been a symbol of power, flash, and reliability in the United States.
Sporty sedans like the Acura TL, family-friendly SUVs like the Acura MDX, and newly introduced luxury hybrids have kept Acura within the top five best-selling luxury car brands in the USA.
Unlike Mercedes and BMW, Acura is not among 2011’s most expensive vehicles to insure. For a luxury automobile, Acuras have affordable car insurance.
Nationwide averages estimate that, as a whole, insurance for these cars can cost $100 to $300 less per year than an equivalent Lexus model.
In fact, Acura insurance typically costs only slightly more than the non-luxury Honda brand.
Even if a driver’s heart is not yet set on a specific Acura, getting free auto quotes and comparison shopping for Acura car insurance can provide all of the information needed to make a decision.
These traits instill insurers with the confidence they need to reduce premiums, but these factors alone cannot guarantee low auto insurance.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Reasons for High Insurance Rates
Like most auto insurance policies, Acura car insurance is typically based more on the driver than on the automobile itself.
While the exact formula insurance companies use to determine rates is not known, the guidelines below provide some insight into what raises premiums:
- The number of accidents – A driver’s accident rate is perhaps the number one factor for high insurance costs. Most insurers look at the previous three to five years of police records to determine where the premiums should be set.
- The number of moving violations – Insurance companies also look at traffic tickets when deciding on the level of Acura car insurance rates. Speeding tickets add a blemish to a driver’s record, but they are less critical than tickets for more aggressive behaviors.
- Credit history – Research has shown that policy owners who are delinquent on credit accounts or have bad credit due to bankruptcies are more likely to file large claims. Consequently, Acura auto insurers give higher rates to people with bad credit.
Other factors include a driver’s age, gender, occupation, years of driving experience, and years of continuous auto insurance coverage.
Each insurance company sets its standards for who will be approved for Acura auto insurance policies and how much those people will pay.
Anyone who has a spotty driving record or a tarnished credit history can benefit from comparing car insurance quotes and selecting the best insurer.
At the same time, any driver with a perfect profile can still save money by shopping around and understanding the opportunities available in the Acura car insurance market.
Tips for Reducing Acura Car Insurance Costs
Due to the different standards set by auto insurers, a quick comparison of free car insurance quotes is the easiest way to save money.
Furthermore, it is the number one piece of advice offered by the Insurance Information Institute to people searching for ways to reduce auto insurance costs.
The process takes only a few minutes, and unlike the traditional method of contacting individual insurance companies one-by-one, comparison websites can bring three, five, even ten insurance quotes to a computer or mobile device within minutes.
Since car insurance companies typically elect to join a comparison site, they know the type of consumers they will be working with, and they want the business.
This factor alone can save shoppers hundreds of dollars without any other discounts.
Savvy shopping and making apples-to-apples is the best way to save money on Acura car insurance, but it is not the only way.
Some other tips to slash Acura insurance premiums include:
- Applying for discounts concerning multiple policies, good student, occupation or driver type, paperless statements, or professional membership
- Purchasing an Acura vehicle with airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices or having such equipment installed after the purchase
- Limiting the amount of time spent driving and the lengths of commutes
- Reducing personal liability and property coverage limits as a car age, as long as those limits do not fall below state-mandated coverage
- Passing a drivers education or defensive driving course that is not court-ordered
- Increasing deductibles to $500, $1000, or more
Motorists who are set on claiming the lowest Acura car insurance rates have even more options.
Potential money-saving actions include moving to a less expensive city or state, transferring to less risky occupations, or joining a professional or community group that can access additional discounts.
Acura car insurance is not only affordable but also essential for legal satisfaction and peace of mind.
Through conducting a fast and easy comparison of different auto insurance carriers, avoiding high-risk behaviors, and racking up substantial discounts, Acura owners are virtually guaranteed to save money.
Finding the best auto insurance coverage should not be overwhelming. By following these tips, consumers will be prepared to get the best deal on Acura car insurance.
Comparing car insurance quotes is easy! Just enter your zip code below to get started for FREE!