FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (855) 425-8122
UPDATED: Jan 22, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Every year car insurance rates are increased due to several reasons. They may include increase of car accidents, fraudulent claims, medical increase, or the status of the car accident statistics in your state.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the following data was collected:
- 2010 traffic fatalities – 32,788 killed
- 2009 teens (15 to 19 years old) killed in distracted driving crashes – 594 killed
- 2009 fatally injured drivers tested for drugs – 3,952 killed
- 2005 – 2009 drowsy driving – 2.2 to 2.6 percent killed
Despite these causes and data, car insurance rates can be kept at a minimum by investigating the accident statistics in the area where one lives or are moving to, and learn how it will affect their future insurance rates.
One great way to find that agency is to do an online comparative analysis of quotes from different insurance companies. Enter your ZIP code in our free quote tool above code to compare car insurance for FREE!
Benefits of Online Car Insurance Comparison
Avoid negligent selection. When seeking for a car insurance coverage, most times consumers choose either one recommended by family members, friends, co-workers, or one that has been seen regularly advertised on television, internet, or some other type of media source.
Their lackadaisical attitude toward such an important decision is based on the thought that all insurance policies are the same.
An online comparison will give the consumer a clear view of what is offered by each company and will allow them to make an independent choice.
Choose the best car insurance company option. Every insurance company has different policies with many options, rates, incentives, and discounts to offer.
It does not matter how long you have been with an insurance company, it is good to shop around and find out if there are other offers that will give you additional or equal coverage at a better rate.
You have to be wise in choosing which company policy will best fit your specific need; therefore, opting to do a comparison online will help the consumer in making this decision.
Find out what impacts insurance rates. Your insurance rates can increase if you live in a high-risk area where accidents happen on regular basis, which is determined by car accident statistics.
Other conditions to take account of are whether or not your travel to work is long distance, your gender, and age.
In addition, if you were to buy a new car, your rates can increase depending on the make, model, condition, and age.
For example, buying a sports model of a specific make of vehicle versus a non-sports model can cause the rates to increase.
Pre-knowledge for Car Insurance Comparison
Before shopping for car insurance, there are some things that one must be knowledgeable of to make successfully the right decisions. They include:
Level of insurance coverage. What type of insurance coverage will you need?
General auto coverage includes auto liability, bodily injury and property damage, Personal Injury Protection, medical payments, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/ underinsured motorist, rental reimbursement and emergency road service.
Be acquainted with deductibles. Insurance quotes for cars do consist of a deductible which is money out of the insured’s pocket, and it is based on how much you need and are willing to pay.
Choose the highest deductible because of the higher the deductible, the lower the premium.
Become familiar with insurance terms. Before choosing the right insurance, you must know the insurance language. The following terms are some examples:
- Liability Coverage – Damage to property or human injury is covered if you are at fault. Court costs also paid.
- Collision Coverage – When insured’s vehicle is involved in an accident, it will be covered.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Your vehicle is covered from damages caused by something other than an accident.
- Medical Coverage – This coverage pays medical expenses from an accident. If you have a health insurance policy all ready, then make a comparison. If you do not have health insurance, then it would be a good choice to get the medical insurance on your vehicle coverage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – When damage occurs to your car by an accident that is caused by someone else who is without insurance, then this coverage will pay for the damages.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Consider car insurance discounts. Save on discounts that include the followings:
- Military Discounts
- Federal Employee Discounts
- Student Discounts
- Drivers Who Are 50+ Discounts
- Multi-Policy Discounts
- Good Credit Score Discounts
- Good Driver’s Record Discounts
Type of Services Offered- Before selecting a car insurance policy, not only is it imperative to consider the coverage that is offered, but also the financial strength, service and stability, and the rate coverage determinant that the company will stand behind.
You want to know that when you need this company they will be there for you and are recommendable to others.
Evaluating Comparison Information
Where can I find insurance data? When you have completed the task of researching the different car insurance companies, take the list of providers that you have accumulated and using free easy online insurance quotes, get a side-by-side comparative view, ready for your evaluation.
Your list of insurance agencies will work to your advantage if it favors more than not enough. Next, decide how you want to rank these companies.
Narrow your list to a number that will be convenient in helping you to make the right decision.
Finding Car Accident Statistics
Locating car accident statistics will not be as easy to find for consumers because they do not have access to the database that has the information. Only insurance agencies, brokers, and other agents who are licensed are privy to the file.
Although the database is inaccessible, there are other ways that the info can be obtained.
- Department of Insurance – Visit your state Department of Insurance website and look up the annual accident report. This report should give you information by county, zip code, type of accident, and type of vehicle.
- Local DMV – If the information cannot be found on the Department of Insurance website, then visit your local DMV website. Every state collects this information so it should be available. If not on the websites, then you can write and request a copy.
Shopping for car insurance is very easy! It is something that vehicle owners must do if they want cost-effective returns.
Even if you do live in an area with high car accident statistics accommodated by high insurance rates, keeping a clean and good driving record can reap rewards of discounts from most agencies to offset the cost.
After all, they do want to keep you as a client. Compare car insurance companies for FREE with our free quote tool below by entering your ZIP code into our ZIP code search!