FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (888) 442-5196
UPDATED: Feb 16, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Since state car insurance is mandatory in all 50 states, it has become a fact of life for anyone purchasing new cars, used cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles.
The guide below gives insider information to anyone interested in getting new car insurance.
You can save money on and get new car insurance by comparing car insurance companies for FREE with our zip code search!
5 Reasons to Buy New Car Insurance
Too many consumers take a “set it and forget it” approach to car insurance, buying the policy once and sticking with the same insurance company and coverage limits no matter what happens afterward.
These consumers are potentially losing thousands of dollars because they could be paying a lower amount for the same, or better, policy elsewhere.
Here are some of the most common reasons to shop for and get new car insurance:
- Change in auto insurance rates – Some insurers like to attract new customers with low monthly payments and then drastically increase the bill at the first renewal period.
- Change in credit score – Many insurance companies use a person’s credit history to define the yearly premium that must be paid.
- Change in vehicles – Replacing or adding a car, truck, SUV, or motorcycle is an excellent time to review car insurance needs. In addition, vehicles that are financed under a bank loan or auto lease are required to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Change in drivers – Adding a driver to a policy, especially a teenager, can be costly. In many situations, savvy shoppers can save hundreds of dollars by changing policy limits or working with a different insurance company that understands the needs of households with younger drivers.
- Change in life circumstances – Buying a home, turning 25, moving to another state, and altering commute patterns are just some of the occasions to reassess insurance needs.
One of the most important points to remember about no-obligation car insurance quotes is that they are previews of what insurance companies offer.
Anyone completing a quote can choose to stay with the existing insurer or switch to an insurance company with more affordable rates and better customer service.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Applying for New Car Insurance
Applying for new car insurance does not have to be complicated. The simplest way to get new car insurance is to shop online through a comparison website.
Instead of entering the same information over and over again at dozens of insurance company websites, consumers can enter their details once and review several quotes from a network of insurers currently accepting new customers.
When applying for new car insurance, shoppers are asked for information such as:
- Name and contact information, including driver’s license number
- Vehicles to be insured with their make, model, and year
- Each driver to be listed on the policy and that person’s driving record
- History of at-fault accidents, no-fault accidents, tickets, and moving violations
- Policy coverage limits for comprehensive damage, collision damage, rental car reimbursement, uninsured motorist coverage, and personal liability
Anyone with an existing auto insurance policy can save time by having a copy of the policy available for answering these questions.
New drivers will need to give themselves up to 30 minutes to gather vehicle details and type in responses. The good news is that many insurance portals can store policy information and free online quotes for future use.
Auto Insurance Tips
Getting new auto insurance is not just about leaving an insurance company that has treated its customers poorly.
t is also an opportunity to save money and design a car insurance policy that fits life’s current situation.
These tips can help consumers get the best deal on car insurance as they are comparing quotes:
- Conduct an accurate comparison – Give each insurance company the same details by using a car insurance comparison site, this step is automatically completed.
- Review policy deductibles – The deductible is the amount of money that must be spent out of pocket before the insurer pays for any claims. Higher deductibles create lower monthly payments, but they can be a burden for anyone faced with an emergency car repair. The comprehensive and collision deductibles should always be set at affordable limits.
- Consider the extras – Is rental car reimbursement necessary, or will public transportation be used while the car is in the shop? Is roadside assistance worth the added expense?
- Grab all available discounts – Insurance companies offer lower premiums for customers with multiple policies, good students, members of certain groups, and good drivers who have reached a certain age.
- Review company ratings and financial stability – How do current customers feel about a particular insurance company? Do rating agencies like A.M. Best and Moody’s believe the insurer will still be in business several years down the road?
Overall, car insurance comparison websites offer a level of convenience, insight, and savings that was not seen in the days of calling insurers individually and waiting for a reply.
Comparing car insurance quotes online is easy! Enter your zip code below and start comparing for FREE!