$1,000 “No Texting While Driving Pledge” Scholarship
Most of us are aware that distracted driving, and more specifically texting and driving, is a serious issue in the United States.
Not only do 50 percent of high school seniors admit to texting and driving, but the accidents and injuries associated with texting and driving are now more serious and fatal than those associated with drinking and driving.
In 2015, distracted driving caused 322 fatalities that occurred on the road. Of those deaths, 272 individuals were teenagers.
With texting and driving becoming more of an issue every day, teen drivers — specifically — should learn more about how to combat it.
There are several ways for teens like you to protect yourselves from the temptation to text and drive, including:
- Driving carefully and focusing only on the road
- Putting your cell phone in a location not accessible while driving
- Pulling your car over before answering a text message
- Installing an app that prevents texting while driving
If you haven’t reviewed your policy in the last six month, compare three to four policy rates with just a ZIP code!
Take a Stand
We encourage you to take a stand against texting and driving.
We also encourage teens to sign a pledge stating they resolve to never text and drive. For those teens willing to sign the pledge, you’ll have the chance to win a scholarship!
Say no to texting and driving.
Simply click here to sign the pledge today!
- Applicants must apply before April 30.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or a college student.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and prove student status with either an .edu email or a current student ID.
- A scholarship application will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Your submission has to include a video, artwork, essay, or anything that would engage and hold the attention of the viewer.
- Your submission encourages students and other viewers to stop texting and driving.
- Your submission includes completing the Typeform below.
- Fill out the Typeform below
- Go to ItCanWait.com
- Click the “Create your photo and pledge”
- Submit the photo and pledge
- Create a form of social awareness to inspire other students to focus on safe and distraction free driving. Your submission can be a video, artwork, essay, or anything that would engage other students and encourage them to stop texting and driving.
- Submit your Creative Content Submission to Scholarships@CarInsuranceCompanies.com.
Terms and Conditions: No information provided is shared with any outside parties. The only people who can view your information are those who make up the scholarship committee.