FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (855) 425-8122
UPDATED: Jan 22, 2018
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Shopping for Toyota car insurance is a difficult process, especially since the typical consumer goes through this process infrequently.
Getting quotes from several companies is usually a good idea, since prices and coverage can vary wildly. There are several elements to keep in mind when comparing cheap car insurance quotes.
Knowing the different elements of Toyota car insurance helps consumers find the best deal as well as understand the advantages and disadvantages of different policies. Enter your ZIP code and compare car insurance for FREE!
Types of Toyota Car Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive Coverage – The most basic type of car insurance coverage, this policy pays if a car is stolen or damaged by something other than a collision, such as by a fire, animal, or severe weather.
- Bodily Injury Liability – In the event of an accident that harms the driver or another person, bodily injury liability pays the medical bills of the driver and anyone else injured in the accident. Without this coverage, the driver will potentially have to pay those claims out of pocket.
- Collision Insurance – Collision insurance covers damage that occurs because a car struck an object, be it a wall, a tree, or another car. It pays out regardless of who may have been at fault for the accident, but is limited to the market value of a vehicle, so is usually not a good idea for older cars.
- Property Damage Liability – Property damage insurance covers the events where a driver strikes someone else’s property and damages it. Without liability insurance, drivers will usually have to pay for repairs themselves.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Generally speaking, if a consumer is in an accident caused by someone else, that other person’s insurance is responsible for paying to fix damages. However, not every driver buys insurance, even if required by law. Uninsured motorist coverage kicks in if either property damage or bodily harm occurs and the at-fault party does not have enough insurance to cover the repair costs and medical bills.
Laws vary from state to state about how much coverage a driver needs and what sorts of coverage a driver must buy.
Some states require collision insurance, for example, while some do not. Because of this, the best deal in one state may not be the best deal in another. Moving from one state to another is usually a great time to comparison shop for new insurance.
Also, keep in mind that most insurers base their insurance on zip-code specific trends, so even within the same state there might be wild variations in insurance pricing depending on the part of the state a driver lives and works.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ideas on How to Save Money on Toyota Car Insurance
- Higher Your Deductible – Higher deductibles can lower the cost. By being willing to pay more out of pocket after every accident, a consumer can save money up front on the premium. The downside is that repairs will be more expensive
- Bundle Your Policy – Insuring multiple cars with one company saves money. Most insurers give discounts if the consumer has multiple policies at the same firm. Consider switching all the cars in the family to the same insurance company at once as a way of saving money
- Safety First – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Cars with historically strong safety records, such as the Toyota Camry, are cheaper to insure because there is less risk that a passenger will be seriously hurt, or that the car will need major repairs
- Eco-friendly Option – Hybrids help save money on insurance too. In addition to saving money on gasoline, certain insurance companies view the drivers of hybrids, such as the Toyota Prius, as safer drivers, and therefore cheaper to insure. A hybrid driver should investigate whether an insurance company gives discount to hybrid owners, as this could be significant savings
- Compare Policies – Different companies have different demographic ratings. Some companies specialize in insuring students, offering good-grade discounts for students who get top marks. Other companies specialize in insuring members of the military, or perhaps people who don’t drive very often. By shopping around, consumers may be able to save money by finding companies that specialize in dealing with people like themselves
- Anti-Theft Devices – Anti-theft systems lower insurance costs. By making it easier for a vehicle to be recovered after a theft, an anti-theft system installed on a car can lower the cost of insurance
- Your Driving Record – Safe driver screens are becoming more popular. Certain insurers will install an electronic monitor on a car to find out how a person drives. The device can measure speed relative to the speed limit, sudden braking, and overall mileage driven. The safest drivers can see their premiums reduced by proving to the insurance company that they are actually good drivers’and will receive good driver discounts
If a car has certain safety features, premiums are generally lower. Airbags, electronic stability control, and four-wheel anti-lock braking systems are all features that help lower premiums.
Some car insurance companies also will give discounts for after-market safety features. Comparing different options in this area may reveal hidden savings. Adding fog lights or LED turn signals to a vehicle can reduce insurance costs.
When to Compare Toyota Car Insurance
It makes sense to comparison shop whenever a driver’s circumstances have changed. Moving, buying a new car, or changes in life situation are all good reasons to reevaluate insurance policies.
Companies change pricing constantly, so it is also a good idea to compare quotes every few months even if there has not been a concrete life change.
There are many types of automobile insurance, along with many companies that provide automobile insurance. Prices and policies can vary drastically depending on various factors, many of which consumers can control.
By shopping around and comparing different companies, it can be possible to save significant money on Toyota car insurance. Enter your ZIP code and compare car insurance companies for FREE!